Allah sent His Messenger to guide mankind and if man believes and obeys him giving him all his due rights, Allah has promised success in this life and the Hereafter as a reward. These rights are summarized in the following testimony along with the above testimony (There is no god worthy of being worshipped except Allah), "Muhammad is the slave and Messenger of Allah . This declaration requires the following:
* A Believer must comply with the commands of the Prophet and must strive to avoid acts of disobedience as Allah, the Exalted, says in the Glorious Qur'an:
So take whatsoever the Messenger gives you, and abstain from that which he forbids you. And fear Allah, verily Allah is severe in Punishment.
* A Muslim must follow the authentic traditions of the Sunnah (way of the Prophet) to the best of his ability. No one has any authority to alter, add or omit any of the Sunnah traditions of the Messenger of Allah . Allah, the Exalted, says in the Glorious Qur'an:
Say: "If you really love Allah, follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
* A Believer must honor the special status and dignity bestowed by Allah to His Prophet . No one must adulate or degrade this status. The Prophet said:
Do not adulate me as the Christians adulated the son of Maryam; (as) I am no more than a slave (of Allah)so say: Allah's slave and His Messenger."
And he said:
O people! Say what you have to say, and do not allow yourselves to be seduced by Satan. I am Muhammad, the slave and Messenger of Allah. I do not like you to elevate me above the status assigned to me by Allah the Almighty.
And he is reported to have said:
Do not praise me more than I deserve. Allah created me as a slave before calling me a Prophet and Messenger.
*A Muslim must show acceptance and satisfaction of any verdict passed by the Prophet of Allah as Allah, the Exalted, says in the Glorious Qur'an:
But no, by Your Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make you judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against your decisions and accept them with full submission.
* Belief in the universality of the Message of Prophet Muhammad to all humanity. Islam is not designated for a specific category of people, as it was the case with previous Prophets and Messengers . This is derived from the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
Say: "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth.La ilaha illa Huwa (there is no god but He); It is He Who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believes in Allah and His Words, the Taurah (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and also Allah's Word: "Be!" - and he was, i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) son of Maryam (Mary)], and follow him (Muhammad r) so that you may be guided.
* Belief that Allah's Messenger and Prophet, Muhammad has been protected by Allah against possible human errors in relation to his mission to mankind. This includes the belief that the Prophet never ommitted or added anything to the complete Message of Allah . This is based on the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
Nor does he speak of (his own) desire .
* Belief that Prophet Muhammad is the final Prophet and Messenger of Allah to mankind, and that no Prophet or Messenger will come after him . Allah says in the Glorious Qur'an:
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Last of the Prophets.
And the Messenger of Allah said:
and there is no prophet after me.
* Belief that the religious duties and divine commands Allah sent to mankind are complete, and that the Prophet has delivered the Message of Allah in its entirety, and gave the best advice to his Ummah (nation) and the best guidance to do all good and to avoid all evil. This is based on the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
This day, those who rejected Faith have given up all hopes of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.
* Belief that the laws legislated in Islam are approved by Allah , and that all the various types of worship are based upon and revolve around these divine laws. Independent human actions will not be accepted, Allah knows best, unless and until they are in conformity with these divine laws. This is based on the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.
* A Muslim must offer the proper greeting to Allah's Prophet and Messenger when his name is mentioned as a form of respect, as instructed in the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
Allah and His Angels send blessings on the Prophet: O you who believe! Send your blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.
* A Believer must have true love and affection for the Prophet and Messenger of Allah above the love of all others, since information and practices of the true religion of Allah and the many blessings that the Prophet brought as guidance, are the only means of salvation by the will of Allah. This is based on the instruction of the verse of the Glorious Qur'an:
Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred; the wealth that you have gained; the commerce in which you fear a decline; and the dwellings in which you delight -are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His cause- then wait until Allah brings about His decision. And Allah guides not the rebellious.
* A Muslim must devote every possible effort and opportunity available to him to call, with wisdom and patience, all others to the Message of Muhammad . He should strive to inform those who are unaware and misinformed and strengthen the faith of people with weak, wavering faith. As Allah, the Most Wise, says in the Glorious Qur'an:
Invite (all) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in a way that is better and most gracious. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Most Aware of those who are guided.
This is also based on the statement of Allah's Prophet and Messenger r,
Propagate, on my behalf, even one verse.